1) A plate was sold for Rs.6,300 after giving two successive discounts of 12 &1/2 % and 10%. Find the marked price?
(A) Rs. 7,300
(B) Rs. 7,700
(C) Rs. 8,000
(D) Rs. 7,250
2) A dealer buys a table listed at Rs.1,500 and gets successive discounts of 20% and 10%. He spends Rs.20 on transportation and sells it at a profit of 20%. The selling price of the table is?
3) To attract more visitors, Zoo authority announces 20% discount on every ticket which costs 25 p. For this reason, sale of ticket increases by 28%. Find the percentage of increase in the number of visitors.
(A) 40 %
(B) 50 %
(C) 60 %
(D) No change
4) Kiran bought two pens for Rs.37.40 at a discount of 15%. What must be the marked price of each of pen?
5) Which of the following represents a correct proportion?
(A) 12 : 9 = 16 : 12
(B) 13 : 11 = 5 : 4
(C) 30 : 45 = 13 : 24
(D) 3 : 5 = 2 : 5
6) A sphere is cut into two hemispheres. One of them is used as bowl. It takes 8 bowlfuls of this to fill a conical vessel of height 12 cm and radius 6 cm. The radius of the sphere (in centimetre) will be
7) The perimeters of a circle, a square and an equilateral triangle are same and their areas are C, S and T respectively. Which of the following statement is true?
(C) C < S < T
(D) S < C < T
8. The list price of a shirt is Rs.440 and a customer pays Rs.396 for it. The discount rate is?
(B) 10 & 1/2 %
(C) 20 %
9. Nisha bought a number of oranges at 2 for a rupee and an equal number at 3 for a rupee. To make a profit of 20% she should sell a dozen for
(A) Rs. 6
(B) Rs. 8
(C) Rs. 10
10. If A's salary is 50% more than that of B, then B's salary is less than A's by
(B) 40 &1/3%
(C) 45 & 1/3%
11. A and B are 20 km apart. A can walk at an average speed of 4 km/hour and B at 6 km/hr. if they start walking towards each other at 7 a.m., when they will meet ?