Here are the daily current affairs from 22 August 2014 to 31 August 2014 which we have missed to update.
31 August 2014
1) 'Jaipur Pink Panthers' clinches inaugural 'Pro Kabaddi League' by defeating 'U Mumba' in the final.
2) P V Sindhu settles for Bronze in World Badminton Championship. She lost to ninth seed Carolina Marin 21-17, 21-15 in semis.
3) Veteran Telugu filmmaker Sattiraju Lakshmi Narayana aka Bapu passed away aged 80.
30 August 2014
1) Manipur Governor Vinod Kumar Duggal resigned.
2) PV Sindhu storms into the semi-final of World Badminton Championship 2014.
3) Cristiano Ronaldo wins UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.
4) Modi begins his Japan visit. India, Japan sign MoU to develop Varanasi into ‘smart city’.
5) Noted historian Bipin Chandra passed away.
29 August 2014
1) Shah Rukh Khan becomes the first Indian to be appointed as ambassador for Interpol's ‘Turn Back Crime’ campaign.
2) Spanish midfielder Xabi Alonso quits international football.
3) Ganesh Chaturthi celebrated across India.
4) National Sports Day celebrated. It’s the birthday of Hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand.
5) President presents National sports & adventure awards.
6) India's GDP growth in the first quarter is 5.7 percent which is highest in last 2 and half years.
28 August 2014
1) EPFO retains interest rate on provident fund at 8.75%.
2) C.S.Verma elected as First President of Indian Steel Association.
3) Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched "Jan Dhan Yojana" scheme to provide a bank account to every household where account holders will get a debit card and accidental insurance cover of up to a lakh.
4) Wayne Rooney named as captain of the England national football team.
5) Government launched the .bharat domain name in devanagari script.
27 August 2014
1) Sheila Dikshit has resigned as the Governor of Kerala.
2) BJP leader LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee have been dropped from the new BJP Parliamentary board.
3) England midfielder Frank Lampard retired from England's national team.
4) India’s first All India Institute of Ayurveda, along the lines of AIIMS, to come up at Jasola (Delhi).
5) Textiles Ministry to collaborate with Flipkart to provide an online marketing platform to handloom weavers in the country.
6) Ramesh Chand Tayal is appointed as the Special Director-General of CRPF.
7) Union Cabinet lifted the monthly cap on subsidised LPG cylinders, but retained the overall annual limit at 12 cylinders. LPG consumers can avail 12 cylinder quota anytime in the year.
8) Prime Minister Narendra Modi set up a committee to identify "obsolete" laws which will submit its report in three months.
26 August 2014
1) Supreme Court ruled all coal mining licences (218) awarded between 1993 and 2010 as illicit.
2) Ahmet Davutoglu becomes the new Prime Minister of Turkey.
3) 66th annual Emmy Award given at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
4) Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala and Mridula Sinha will take charge as the governors of Karnataka and Goa respectively.
5) Nagpur becomes the first Indian city to operate public buses running one thanol.
6) Kalyan Singh appointed as Governor of Rajasthan, while former union minister Vidyasagar Rao will be Governor of Maharashtra.
25 August 2014
1) British film director Richard Attenborough, best remembered for his Oscar-winning directorial "Gandhi", passed away aged 90.
2) The U.S. Open Tennis Championships 2014 began.
3) Lalu Prasad Yadav and Nitish Kumar coalition party along with the Congress party won six of ten assembly seats in Bihar by-elections.
24 August 2014
1) West Bengal gets the nation's first 'Indian Institute of Engineering Science ' (IIEST) at Shibpur, Howrah.
2) Maharashtra governor K. Sankaranarayanan resigned from the post after he has been transferred to Mizoram.
3) RN Ravi appointed new chief of Joint Intelligence Committee.
23 August 2014
1) Defence Minister Arun Jaitley commissioned India’s first indigenously-built stealth Anti-Submarine warfare INS Kamorta to the Indian Navy.
2) RBI has notified the increase in deposit money under Public Provident Fund, PPF to 1.5 lakh rupees from 1 lakh rupees.
3) Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Pradhan Mantri Krishi Seenchayi Yojana.
4) Guru Hanuman Akhara chosen for 2014 Rashtritya Khel Protsahan Puraskar.
22 August 2014
1) Renowned Kannada writer and Jnanpith award winner UR Ananthamurthy passed away.
2) Arvind Subramanian likely to be the Chief Economic Advisor (CEA).
3) Weightlifter Ragala Venkat Rahul bagged India's first medal of the second Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, China.