--> Sepp Blatter resigned as FIFA president on 2 June 2015, four days after being re-elected to a fifth term.
--> In announcing his exit, the 79-year-old Swiss has called an extraordinary Fifa congress "as soon as possible" to elect a new president.
--> Blatter was re-elected last week, despite seven top Fifa officials being arrested two days before the vote.
--> FIFA, which Blatter had ruled since 1998, was left reeling this week by the announcement of a U.S. investigation into alleged widespread financial wrongdoing stretching back for more than two decades.
GK Tips- FIFA Headquarters? - Zürich, Switzerland
2) RBI cuts key policy rate by 0.25 pc:
--> Reserve Bank Governor Raghuram Rajan on 2 June 2015 cut the key interest rate by 0.25 percent, third time this year, meeting market and government expectations of boosting growth by lowering borrowing cost.
--> RBI cut the repo rate (short-term lending rate) from 7.5 percent to 7.25, but left all other policy tools like cash reserve requirement unchanged at 4 percent and Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) at 21.5 percent.
Present Bank Rates are as follows:
* Bank Rate - 8.25 % ( from 2nd June 2015)
* Repo Rate - 7.25 % ( from 2nd June 2015)
* Reverse Repo Rate - 6.25% ( 2nd June 2015)
* Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) - 4.00% ( from 9th February 2013)
* Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) - 21.50% ( from 3rd February 2015)
* Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) - 8.25 % ( from 2nd June 2015)
3) Telangana celebrated its formation day:
--> Country's youngest state Telangana celebrated its formation day on 2nd June 2015.
--> Telangana was formed as 29th State of the country on 2 June 2014 after the reorganisation of the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh.
GK Tips- CM of Telangana? - K Chandrasekhar Rao
4) Pawan Munjal named new chairman of Hero MotoCorp:
--> Two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp Ltd has appointed Pawan Munjal as the new Chairman of Hero MotoCorp.
--> Brijmohan Lall, Hero MotoCorp’s Chairman since its inception in 1984, will continue to be the guide and mentor of the company in the form of Chairman Emeritus.
5) 'Khoya-Paya' web portal to track missing children launched:
--> A web portal to be used as social medium for people to share information about missing children was launched on 2 June 2015 by the union government.
--> Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad jointly launched the website -- 'Khoya-Paya', a platform for citizens to report children sighted as abandoned, lost or with suspicious person.
6) BSNL to offer free national roaming from June 15:
--> Union telecom minister Ravi Shankar Prasad announced that state-owned operator BSNL will provide nationwide free roaming service starting June 15.
7) Ravi Shastri to continue as Indian team director for Bangladesh tour:
--> Former captain Ravi Shastri was on 2 June 2015 retained as director of the Indian cricket team for the tour of Bangladesh starting June 10 as the BCCI continued its search for a new permanent coach to succeed Duncan Fletcher.
8) Super computer launched, to improve weather forecasting:
--> Union Minister Harsha Vardhan on 2 June 2015 dedicated to the service of the nation supercomputer 'Bhaskara', which will help meteorologists in research and weather prediction including effective forecast of tropical cyclone, heavy rainfall and cloud burst events.