Directions: Questions 1 to 5, In each of the following questions, a word has been followed by four other words, one of which cannot be formed by using the letters of the given word. Find this word.
Directions: Questions 6 to 8, Read the following information and answerthe questions given below
(i) A, B, C, D and E reside in a five storey building.
(ii) Band E do not reside on the ground floor.
(iii) D resides one storey above A and one storey below C.
(iv) E does not reside on the top floor.
6. On which floor does D reside?
7. How many of them reside above C?
DIRECTIONS (Questions 8 to 10) : Which number would replace the question mark in the following number series?
8. 7, 9, 16, 25, ?, 66
9. 2, 3, 6, 18, ?, 1944
10. Alphabet: Word: : ? : Sentence
DIRECTIONS (Questions 11 to 12) : In each of the following questions, four number/number Pairs are given. Select the one which is different from the other three.
13. In a group of six women, there are four dancers, four vocal musicians, one actress and three violinists. Girija and Vanaja are among the violinists while Jalaja and Shailja do not know how to play on the violin. Shailaja and Tanuja ae among the dancers. Jalaja, Vanaja, Shailaja and Tanuja are all vocal musicians and two of them are also violinists. If Pooja is an actress, who among the following is both a dancer and a violinist?
DIRECTIONS :'In question below are give two statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to take the two given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from the commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follow from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
Some are papers
Some papers are boxes
I. Some pencils are boxes
II. Some boxes are pencils
III. Some boxes are papers
IV. Some papers are pencils
(A)Only I and II follow
(B)Only III and IV follow
(e) None of these
15. Examine the following statements:
1. Either A and B are of the same age or A is older than B.
2. Either C and D are of the same age or D is older than C.
3. B is older than C.
Which of the following conclusions can be drawn from the above statements?
(A)A is older than B
(B)Band D are of the same age
(C)D is older than C
(D)A is older than C
6. (A)1st: D resides on first floor.
7. (B)2: Clearly, Band E are above C.
8. (b): Each number is equal to the sum of the preceding two numbers. So, missing number = 16 + 25 = 41.
9. (a): Each number in the series is equal to the product of preceding two numbers. . So, missing number = 6 * 18 = 108.
10. (C): First is a part of the second.
11. (D): All other groups contain four consecutive numbers in order.
12. (d): All other groups contain four consecutive numbers, though in any' order.
13. (C)The four vocal musician and one actress in the group are given. Two dancers are Shailaja & Tanuja. Two violinists are Girija and Vanaja. Since Jalaja and Shailaja cannot be violinists, so remaining two violinists are Tanuja & Pooja. Clearly, Tanuja is both a violinist & a dancer.
14. (B)Only III and IV follow
15. (A): is not true since A and B may be of the same age. (B)is not true since B is older than C and if C and D be of the same age, then B is older than D. (C)is not true since C and D may be of the same age. Now, B is older than C. So, whether A is older "than B or of the same age as B, A would be older than C. (D)is true.