1. Indian National Congress formed in 1885 during the Governor –General ship of?-
2. First Woman president of Indian National Congress?
-Annie Besant (1917).
3. Who was the first Muslim president of Indian National Congress?
4. Indian National Congress held its first session in 1885 at?
- Gokul Das Tejpal Sanskrit College, Bombay.
5. What does the Saffron colour in our National Flag stand for?
6. The first session of Indian National Congress was held under the presidentship of?
7. When did the First war of Independence start?
- 1857 May 10.
8. When was the Quit India movement started?
- 1942 August 8 at Bombay.
9. Who was the founder of Indian National Congress?
- A.O.Hume(Allan Octavian Hume)
10. Who said ”Swaraj is my birth right and I must have it”?
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
11. Jalianwala Bagh Massacre took place in the city of?
- Amritsar, April 13, 1919
12. Mahatma Gandhi was referred to as the “Father of the Nation” first by?
- Subhash Chandra Bose
13. Who composed the famous patriotic song “Sare Jahamse Acha”?
- Mohammed Iqbal
14. When was the Dandi March started?
- March 12, 1930
15. Who commented “The Cripps Mission was a post dated cheque drawn on a crashing bank?
- Mahatma Gandhi
16. A resolution asking complete independence (“Poorna Swaraj") for India was moved at which session of Indian National Congress?
- Lahore session (1929) under the presidency of Jawaharlal Nehru
17. Who was the president of Indian National Congress at the time of Indian Independence?
- Acharya Kripalani
18. Who was the president of Indian National Congress at the time of Gandhi-Irwin pact in Mar 5, 1931?
- Jawaharlal Nehru.
19. Which was the summer capital of India during the British rule?
20. “Vanar Sena” which participated in freedom struggle of India was led by?
- Indira Gandhi.
21. Simon commission came to India in?
22. First Round Table Conference held in England in ?
- 1930. Second in 1931, third in 1932
23. First Indian Woman president of Indian National Congress?
- Sarojini Naidu(1925)
24. The Indian National Congress split into two groups; extremists and
moderates, at the Surat session in the year ?
- 1907.Extremists were led by Bal, Pal, Lal while the moderates by G.K.Gokhale.
25. In the year 1919, the British Government passed a new rule under which the Government had the authority and power to arrest people and keep them in prisons without any trial if they are suspected with the charge of terrorism. Which is that rule?
- Rowlatt Act
26. Who started the Hindustan Socialist republican Association in 1928?
- Chandra Sekhar Asad.
27. Who represented Indian National Congress in the second round table conference in 1931?
- Mahatma Gandhi.
28. The national leader of India who participated in all of the three round table conferences?
29. Who is the founder of Forward Block formed in 1939?
- Subhash Chandra Bose.
30. Subhash Chandra Bose was referred to as the “Nethaji” first by?
31. Indian Independence Act passed in the British Parliament in?
- 1947 July 1.
32. Cabinet Mission came to India in the year?
33. India’s National Anthem “Janaganamana” first sung in?
- 1911 December 27 at Calcutta session of Indian National Congress.
34. India’s National Song “Vandematharam” first sung in?
- 1896 at Calcutta.
35. Gandhiji was referred to as the “Mahatma” first by?
- Ravindra Nath Tagore.
36. Prime minister of Britain when India got Independence?
-Clement Attlee (Labor Party).
37. Who was the leader of Bardoli Satyagrah of 1928?
- Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
38. How many followers of Gandhiji participated in Dandi March?
39. Chauri Chaura massacre took place in?
- 1922 in Utharpradesh.
40. Gandhiji became the president of Indian National Congress in?
- 1924 at the Belgaum session of Indian National Congress.
41. First elected president of Indian National Congress?
- Subhash Chandra Bose (1939)
42. First foreign president of Indian National Congress?
- George Yule
43. How many members participated in the first meeting of Indian National Congress?
- 72. The first session of the Indian National Congress, held in Bombay in 1885.
44. Which was the most decisive war that marked the initiation of British rule in India?
- Battle of Plassey. The battle occurred on June 23, 1757 at Palashi of Murshidabad, on the bank of Bhagirathi River
45. Who is known as the Heroine of Quit India Movement ?
- Aruna Asaf Ali.
46. The Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms introduced by the British Government in India to introduce self-governing institutions gradually to India in the year?
47. In which year, Indian National Congress celebrated Independence Day for the first time?
- 1930 January 26.
48. Who set up the Swaraj Party in 1922?
- C.R.Das and Moti Lal Nehru.
49. Who presided over congress sessions three times?
- Dada Bhai Naoroji.
50. At which place did the British Government arrest Gandhiji for sedition for the first time?