"The more questions you attempt, the better your preparation for the real test"
1) Which part of the Indian Constitution has been amended only once so far?
(A) Emergency provisions
(B) Fundamental duties
(C) Power of judiciary
2) Which state clinched the best state award for implementing Rural Tourism Project in the National Tourism Award 2012-13, presented during February 2014?
(C) Andhra Pradesh
(D) Madhya Pradesh
3) Seawater (i.e. saltwater) freezes at?
(A) The same temperature as fresh water.
(B) At a slightly higher temperature than fresh water.
(C) At a slightly lower temperature than fresh water.
(D) Seawater does not freeze.
4) Who amongst the following is the author of the book Letters from India?
(A) Rob Young
(B) Nani Palkiwala
(C) Catherine Young
(D) Cleopatra Hanssens
5) “Akash”, missile is a?
(B) surface-to-surface missile
6) The Constituent Assembly elected as its permanent chairman?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru
(B) Rajendra Prasad
(C) B. R. Ambedkar
(D) K.M. Munshi
7) The finest specimens of Pallava architecture are?
(A) Temples of Madurai
(B) Temple of Tanjore
(C) Rock –cut Temples at Mahabalipuram
(D) Kailashnath Temple of Ellora
8) Country’s first post office savings bank ATM was recently opened at?
9) Which of the following gases are given out during photosynthesis?
(D) Carbon dioxide
10) Which among the following countries has hosted the T20 Cricket World Cup 2014?
(B) Sri Lanka
11) Cadmium accumulation in the body leads to hypertesion, heart enlargement and death this is mainly due to
(A) Cigarette smoking
(B) Drinking water
(C) Drinking wine
(D) Drinking milk
12) Who is popular known as 'the father of revolutionary thought in India'?
(A) Lala Lajpat Rai
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Bipin Chandra Pal
(D) Lala Hardyal
13) Which of the following gases forms the largest part of air?
(A) Carbon Dioxide
14) What is most commonly used substance in fluorescent tubes?
(A) Sodium oxide and argon
(B) Sodium vapour and neon
(C) Mercury vapour and argon
(D) Mercury oxide and neon
15) What is the script of Ashoka’s inscriptions:
(C) Dev Nagri
16) The Indian federal system is modeled on the federal system of
(D) New Zeala
17) The new States of Meghalaya, Manipur and Tripura were created in
18) Name the inventor of the ubiquitous automatic weapon AK-47 who died at the age of 94 recently?
(A) Mikhail Gorbyavech
(B) Kishav Gabriel
(C) Kilternik Remnik
(D) Mikhail Kalashnikov
19) The third amendment to our Constitution carried out in 1954 to extend the power of Parliament by transfering the
(A) state list to concurrent list
(B) state list to union list
(C) both A and B
(D) none of the above
20) The inventor of X-rays was
(B) W.H. Bragg
(D) Henry Backarrel
21) Reserve Bank of India( RBI) during April 2014 granted "in-principle" approvals to which among the following entities for new bank licences?
(A) Aditya Birla Nuvo & Bajaj Finance
(B) Indiapost & IDFC
(C) Bandhan Financial Services & Muthoot Finance
(D) IDFC & Bandhan Financial Services
22) Who commented that the Cripps Mission was a post-dated cheque on a crashing bank?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Jawaharlal Nehru
(C) Subhash Chandra Bose
(D) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
23) Who won the Gandhi Peace Prize for 2013?
(A) Desmond Tutu
(B) Chandi Prasad Bhatt
(C) Nelson Mandela
(D) Baba Amte
24) The Forward Bloc was formed by
(A) Lala Lajpat Rai
(B) Shahid Bhagat Singh
(D) Subhash Chandra Bose
25) Who was the chief guest during the republic day celebrations of India 2014?
(A) Prime Minister of Indonesia
(B) President of Maldives
(C) Prime Minister of Japan
(D) President of Bhutan
1) Ans. (D) Preamble
2) Ans. (B) Sikkim
3) Ans. (C) At a slightly lower temperature than fresh water.
4) Ans. (C) Catherine Young
5) Ans. (A) surface-to-air-missile
6) Ans. (B) Rajendra Prasad
7) Ans. (C) Rock –cut Temples at Mahabalipuram
8) Ans. (A) Chennai
9) Ans. (C) Oxygen
10) Ans. (D) Bangladesh
11) Ans. (A) Cigarette smoking
12) Ans. (C) Bipin Chandra Pal
13) Ans. (B) Nitrogen
14) Ans. (C) Mercury vapour and argon
15) Ans. (D) Brahmi
16) Ans. (B) Canada
17) Ans. (C) 1972
18) Ans. (D) Mikhail Kalashnikov
19) Ans. (A) state list to concurrent list
20) Ans. (C) Roentgen
21) Ans. (D) IDFC & Bandhan Financial Services
22) Ans. (A) Mahatma Gandhi
23) Ans. (B) Chandi Prasad Bhatt
24) Ans. (D) Subhash Chandra Bose
25) Ans. (C) Prime Minister of Japan