PA/SA Exam Solved Questions/Answer Key 2014: Odisha Circle (General Awareness Section)
1) Which of the following award is associated with Agriculture?
(A) Bourlog Award
(B) Shati Swaroop Bhatnagar
(C) Arjun Award
(D) Vyas Samman
Ans. (A) Bourlog Award
2) February 14 is observed as-
(A) World Vegetarian Day
(B) United Nations Day for South South Cooperation
(C) Valentines Day
(D) United Nations Day, recognized by the UN
Ans. (C) Valentines Day
3) The book 'Discover of India' is written by:
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(B) Subhash Chandra Bose
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
Ans. (C) Jawaharlal Nehru
4) A person who uses his/her experience to gain access to other people's computer to get information illegally or do damage is called as
(D) Instant Messenger
Ans. (C) Hacker
5) How many players are there in a water polo team?
Ans. (D) 7
6) At the time when Nadir Shah attacked Delhi, the Mughal Emperor was
(A) Ahmad Shah
(B) Bahadur Shah
(C) Muhammad Shah
(D) Shah Alam II
Ans. (C) Muhammad Shah
7) Arrange the following states in the increasing order of Population
1. Andhra Pradesh 2. West Bengal 3. Bihar 4. UP
Ans. (A) 1,2,3,4
8) To which one of the following process is the term CMYK related?
(A) Railway Signaling
(C) Offset Printing
(D) Electronic Voting
Ans. (C) Offset Printing
9) In which year was the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) founded?
Ans. (B) 1969
10) Which of the following awards was conferred on Mrs. Kiran Bedi?
(B) Golden Globe
(D) Rani Lakshmi
Ans. (C) Magsaysay
11) The United Nations declared 2006 as the International Year of
12) Who has written the book "War and Peace"?
(A)Khushwant Singh b
(C)Count Leo Tolstoy
Ans. (C)Count Leo Tolstoy
13) What is the function of the I/O units of a computer system?
(A)To initialize the process of recovery of data of the crashed computer
(B)To exchange the information of windows with CPU
(C)To reset or restart the computer when it is booted
(D)To exchange the information of computer with the outside world
Ans. (D)To exchange the information of computer with the outside world
14) India won its first Olympic hockey gold in ................ ?
15) Who among the following was the author of Tarikh-i-Alai, which contains Sultan Alauddin Khiliji ?
(B)Shams Siraj Afif
Ans. (C)Amir Khusrau
16) Which of the following states has the maximum total forest cover in India?
Ans. (C)Madhya Pradesh
17) The normal temperature of human body?
(A)37 degree Celsius
(B)37 degree Ferenhite
(C)104 degree Ferhenhite
(D)36.4 degree Celsius
Ans. (A)37 degree Celsius
18) The Lakshadweep Islands are situated in which ocean
(C)Bay of Bangle
(C)None of these
Ans. (B)Arbian sea
19) Which day is International Human Right Day?
(D)None of these
Ans. (A)10th December
20) Output devices make it possible to
(A)view and print a data
(B)Scan a data
(C)Input a data
(D)Sending a data
Ans. (A)view and print a data
21) Who is th author of the book "New Deminsions of India's Foreign Policy" ?
Ans. (A)AB Vajpayee
22) The Olympic Games in 2016 will be held in
23) Who amongst the following Englishmen, first translated "Bhagvad-Gita" into English
Ans. (B)Charles Wilkins
24) Effect of pollution is most marked on
(A)natural balance of nature
(B)natural flora of place
(C)natural geochemical cycles
(D)All of these
Ans. (B)natural flora of place
25) The first satellite launched by India was called