1. Which amongst the following states sends highest number of parliamentarians in Lok Sabha?
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
2. How many members can be nominated in Rajya Sabha by the President?
3. The provision of social security is the fundamental principle of
a) Laissez Faire Theory
b) Theory of Welfare State
c) Pluralistic Theory
d) Evolutionary Theory
4. Mangla oil well is located in
5. From which date the model code of conduct is enforced in elections?
a) From the date of notification
b) From the last date of filling the nomination
c) From the last date of withdrawal of candidatures
d) From the date of announcement of election schedule by the Election Commission
6. Which amongst the following was not a constituent Assembly Member?
a) G.Durgabai Deshmukh
b) Mrs. Hansa Mehta
c) Mrs. Renuka Ray
d) Vijaylaxmi Pandit
Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit was the first female President of United Nations General Assembly.
7. Which of the following crops had shown the maximum production increase after the beginning of Green Revolution in 1960?
a) Wheat and Rice
b) Oil seeds
d) All of the above
8. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
a) Cornwallis - Permanent Settlement
b) William Bentinck - Abolition of Sati Act
c) Lytton - Vernacular Press Act
d) Ripon - Rowlatt Act
9. Aurangzeb spent nearly 25 years in Deccan, because
a) He was totally free from North India
b) He wanted to shift his capital in South
c) He wanted to check Maratha expansion
d) He was not secured in his own capital
10. The theory which gave birth to the French Revolution and the Revolution in America is
a) Legal theory of rights
b) Theory of natural rights
c) Social welfare theory
d) Historical theory of rights
11. In Haryana, a Gram Sabha consists of
a) Elected members of village Panchayat
b) Members of Panchayat Samiti
c) Registered voters of the village/villages in the Panchayat circle
d) All residents of the village/villages in the Panchayat circle
12. Which one of the following is a national party?
a) Bahujan Samaj Party
b) Communist Party (Marxist)
c) Nationalist Congress Party
d) All of the above
13. On which plate margins maximum volcanoes & earthquakes occur?
a) Destructive Plate Margins
b) Constructive Plate Margins
c) Conservative Plate Margins
d) None of the above
14. Which of the following forest type cover the maximum area on Indian land?
a) Tropical rain forest
b) Tropical Deciduous forest
c) Mountain forest
d) Mangrove forest
15. Which one of the following means ‘by what authority’?
a) Habeas corpus
b) Quo warranto
16. 180o Longitude is known as
a) Prime Meridian
b) International Date Line
c) Greenwhich Time
17. Arrange the following Delhi Sultans in chronological order:
i) Qutub-ud-din Aibak
iv) Nasir-ud-din Mahmud
Choose the correct answer
a) (i), (ii), (iii), (iv)
b) (i), (iv), (ii), (iii)
c) (ii), (i), (iii), (iv)
d) (i), (ii), (iv), (iii)
88. Karn Prayag is the confluence of
a) Bhagirathi & Alakhnanda
b) Bhagirathi & Pinder
c) Dholi Ganga & Alakhnanda
d) Alakhnanda & Pinder
19. Which soil is found in the areas of excessive leaching due to heavy rainfall?
20. Which amonst the following statement is/are correct about IMF?
i) There are 188 member countries in IMF.
ii) It is a specialised agency of United Nations.
iii) In IMF meber states do not have equal voting rights.
iv) It gives loan and technical advice to meber countires in the balance of payments crisis.
a) (i) & (ii)
b) (i) & (iii)
c) (i), (ii), (iii) & (iv)
d) (i) & (iv)
21. Vembanad is
a) A Sea Port
b) Lagoon Lake
c) Mountain Peak
d) Multipupose project
22. The Asiatic Society of Bengal was founded by
a) Sir James Grant
b) Max Mullor
c) Sir Wlliam Jones
23. The feature which applies to pressure groups but not to political parties is
a) fielding of candidates for contesting election
b) objective of safeguarding the interest of whole society
c) Membership is exhaustive
d) Do not participate directly in political process
24. The Right which is a legal but not a fundamental right
a) Freedom to move freely
b) Right against expolitation
c) Right to minorities to establish educational institutions
d) Right to property
25. The retreating monsoon in Indian subcontinent is known as
a) South-West Monsoon
b) South-East Monsoon
c) North-East Monsoon
d) North-West Monsoon
26. In Indonesia the ‘splash and burn agriculture’ is called as
27. Where the first, second & third Earth Summits took place in 1992, 2002 & 2012 respectively?
a) Johannesburg, Doha, Rio De Janerio
b) Rio De Janerio, Johannesburg, Doha
c) Rio De Janerio, Kyoto, Johannesburg
d) Rio De Janerio, Johannesburg, Rio De Janerio
28. Which of the following is not a session of Lok Sabha?
a) Budget session
b) Summer session
c) Winter session
d) Monsoon Session
29. The constitutional schedule which contain the list of recognised laguages of India is
a) 7th Schedule
b) 8th Schedule
c) 9th Schedule
d) 10th Schedule
30. The newspaper, which upheld the nationalist cause during India’s struggle for freedom was
a) The Leader
b) The Civil & Military Gazette
d) The Statesman